Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Adios Colorado, Hola Barcelona!

Mama we made it!

It all started an unknown number of hours ago (I'm a little lost in all the time changes) in a small, little known place called the Denver International Airport. As we unloaded our rather bulky bags from my beloved mom car, we were all jumping up and down, and I do mean that quite literally. Victoria and I were getting some good height, too, and Addy was putting in the work, however the small person of a bag she is now carrying on her back was not helping. Luckily for us, it’s physically impossible for her to fall and hurt herself, as she now has turtle shells on both sides. Even more fortunately, if she does fall, she may not be able to get up, and it is unclear if Victoria and I would choose to help her. Or if she would help herself.


    No, I don’t see any Americans anywhere…


 All set for Spain!

Anyway, we said goodbye to my incredibly generous mother (thanks again for driving us) and briskly took our first steps towards Spain. From there we did the usual – checked our bags, ate some Quiznos sandwiches, took 4 trips to the bathroom, etc. – and soon made it to Charlotte, NC. There we enjoyed a three-hour layover, complete with rocking chairs, French fries, and live piano music, before heading to the gate marked in big, red capital letters by the most exciting word I think I’ve ever seen – BARCELONA. After catching some quick pictures, featured below, we loaded onto the Airbus, mixed in with the largest school group we had ever seen, given away by their matching backpacks. Only 7 hours and 46 minutes to go…


Airport featuring Victoria's sandwich


Me and my besties!


Selfie with the girls (guess who the short one is)

And here we are, in dreamy Barcelona! As we walked off the plane onto a stair car (hopefully owned by the Bluth family), it was drizzling a bit, which did a number on Victoria’s and my own curly hair, but it is the perfect temperature. Just after we arrived, Addy pointed out one of my greatest achievements to date - "congrats, you've now peed in a foreign country!" I’m very proud. My passport now has a stamp, too! Luckily, my large Spanish vocabulary (“gracias”) is enough for now. That could also be due to me standing silently as Victoria talks and tells us what’s happening, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. We are currently hanging out in the airport until we can go drop our bags at our apartment for the night. We are planning on taking full advantage of the siesta and put our best skill from Mines to work – a much needed nap. We haven’t thought much beyond that, except that it will involve food. What’s a trip if not planned around our stomachs! Love you all and talk to you soon!


Please ignore the baggy eyes...

Today’s Quote: “I’m leaving my bags unattended, please don’t report me.” -Victoria, on her way to the bathroom, after leaving her bags with us.

Today’s New Vocabulary: No, gracias.

Today’s Pun: Our Instagram name – Vino We Are Dinomite


S’more photos:


North Carolina gave us a pretty beautiful goodbye


Note to self: Addy is easily spooked.


I had a creep behind me who wanted to take a creepy picture with a fellow creeper.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it commin; this is awesome for the "left behinds" to be able to share (a tiny bit) of your adventures. Via con Dios, niƱas......

    ReplyDelete